- Began offering all programs and services at no charge
- Welcomed 817 attendees, a record number, at the 2017 Annual Parkinson’s Symposium
- Provided 1,546 people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers 4,953 services in 2016
- On track to serve 2,500 people by the end of 2017
- Distributed more than 7,000 Resource Guides to people with Parkinson’s, caregivers, physicians and other community partners since September 2015
- Increased number of programs to more than 30 each month
- Formed a Medical Advisory Committee comprised of 10 medical professionals from Pinellas to Charlotte counties
- Introduced new programs and services in Lakewood Ranch, Charlotte and South Pinellas counties
- Added a third Care Advisor to meet increased demands for programs
- Opened an office in Manatee county
- Held first-ever Distinguished Speakers Event in Pinellas county
- Initiated the only Parkinson’s specific, monthly therapeutic arts program in the area
In collaboration with the Florida Medical Alliance and Neuro Challenge Foundation’s Medical Advisory Committee, we are piloting a Physician Education Program to offer Parkinson’s specific Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits to primary care physicians.
We receive numerous requests for programs and services from people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers from communities outside our current service area including Sebring, Sun City, Clearwater, Ocala and The Villages. The Neuro Challenge Foundation staff is working to secure funding that would provide programs and support to those communities who currently do not have a non-profit organization dedicated to serving people with Parkinson’s.
Neuro Challenge Foundation will celebrate 10 years of service to the Parkinson’s community in 2018.
Neuro Challenge Foundation will hold the first-ever Parkinson’s Expo on April 14, 2018 at Robarts Arena in Sarasota, FL. The Parkinson’s Expo will be a daylong event designed to education, engage and empower the Parkinson’s community. Like all of Nero Challenge Foundation programs and services, the Expo will be presented at no charge to attendees.